Saturday, March 20, 2010

Thing #17 Rollyo

Rollyo, such a simple concept. Why didn't I think of that?? Rollyo allows me to narrow down my search and only search web sites that I add to my "roll". This is a great tool to use in the classroom when you want students to search specific websites that you've preselected. This keeps some control over the quality of the content they're looking at. I personalized my search engines for recipes to include my favorite cooking websites to include our family's unique (translate-incredibly challenging) dietary needs.
As a librarian it would be important to let your teachers know about Rollyo and how it can be used in the classroom for research. The TeacherTube How to Video would be the perfect tool to use to show teachers how to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment