Sunday, February 7, 2010

Thing #8 RSS Feeds

I LOVE Commoncraft.com . This website has the best short (3 minutes) videos simplifying complicated ideas in the areas of technology, finance, society and going green. The video on RSS feeds explained it beautifully. So simple and entertaining too. Makes me wish I'd thought of it. I set myself up with Google Reader and subscribe to some blogs including some fellow bloggers from class and some professional blogs. I like that I can go to one place to get caught up on the blogs I'm following. Having easy access to these blogs means I can use my time on the computer more efficiently and stay caught up. Google Reader is another tool to use to help organize your access to information on the web. With the overwhelming amount of information on the web students, teachers, librarians and administrators need to know what tools to use to organize access to it and to maximize their time spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment