Saturday, April 17, 2010

Thing #21 Podcasts and Video Casts

Creating podcasts and videocasts are a great way for students to demonstrate learning. Photostory is so simple to use and is accessible on our school network computers. I created this project in less than 15 minutes with great results. Because of its simplicity, Photostory can be used with younger students. Students need to be sure to use images and music that is not copyrighted. They can find images from Creative Commons and can choose music from Photostory to include with their project.



I have my iTunes account set to automatically download several podcasts onto my iPod including This American Life (from Chicago Public Radio) and The Moth. I love to listen to these in long car rides.

4 comments:

  1. what a lovely place to get away from it all!
    And you are right...PS works well with younger students and can become more involved as the students are older and more experienced!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a beautiful garden! I wish I was there with a glass of wine, what a way to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you take these photos? Beautiful. I can tell you must work hard to have such a wonderful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is really beautiful...flowers are so cute...
    Research Paper

    ReplyDelete